At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As the Analytics Manager, you will lead the adoption of business intelligence tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis & crisp reporting, & become a trusted business partner within the organization.
You know & love working with data & analytics tools, write excellent SQL, & can use your technical skills, business acumen, & creativity to solve unique business problems. Reporting to the VP of Finance, youll work closely with business, data science, engineering, & product teams to develop a deep understanding of TpTs business & drive strategy & action through high quality, timely analysis.
- Use data to tell a story. Surface insights & influence peers with data, actionable research & compelling narrative content; present & clearly communicate complex data & analyses to cross-functional groups.
- Help define KPIs & ensure metrics used to track the business & measure results are consistent & the most relevant to inform decision-making across the organization.
- Translate business issues into testable hypotheses answerable with data; partner closely with marketing, product, engineering, & customer experience teams from business case development to ROI measurement.
- Build dynamic & rich dashboards & reporting solutions to support company initiatives & strategic planning using features, customizations, & visualizations.
- Educate other teams at TpT on analysis best practices & how to self-serve data needs
- Explore & recommend emerging technologies & techniques to support/enhance Business Analytics at TpT.
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics, including SQL.
- 3+ years of experience with business intelligence & visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio), preferably in an e-commerce environment
- 2+ years of management experience, & leading & engaging high performing teams
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional & analytical)
- Ability to analyze data to identify key insights, potential gaps, & inconsistencies.
- Experience analyzing data from A/B tests to understand the impact of product changes on users & subgroups of users.
- Experience analyzing data from websites, email systems, & other modern digital tools. Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced user of G Suite & Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify & communicate data-driven insights.
- Experience with aspects of our BI technology stack: BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics, Optimizely.
- Experience partnering with data engineers & data scientists to get the best value from business data.
- Experience managing people & developing talent.
- Statistical skills such as confidence intervals, forecasting, & insightful data visualization.