About the Team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harrys a better place to do great work, grow our people, & build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, & curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
Youre here because you care about the people just as much as you care about the business. As a People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development & org planning across the company & work closely with the senior leaders & people managers in your client groups.
Having a talented & agile Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a fast growth & ever changing environment will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams & processes that scale. This strategic & trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture & the people that form it; they will ensure we are maintaining & improving the elements that make Harrys special by fostering an environment of diversity & inclusion. In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build & implement programs & processes from scratch with substantial impact.
What you will accomplish:
- Partner with your clients, People teammates & cross-functional collaborators to help run & improve all key people processes (promotion, compensation, performance management, Learning & Development, etc).
- Create org structures & working models that will scale, working collaboratively with e-team & Directors to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies & succession plans.
- Coach current & new employees in their development, career pathing & ability to navigate & resolve tricky challenges.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even stronger, by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives & 360 degree feedback.
- Infuse & drive diversity practices into Harrys culture, values & engagement initiatives fostering an environment of inclusion & support.
- Identify opportunities to use technology & automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyones lives easier & enhance overall communication between teams.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations & performance issues, off-boarding & legal matters.
This should describe you:
- People whisperer & coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach & thought partner for all employees.
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible & a great listener.
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org.
- Business savvy. You quickly develop a deep understanding of business strategy & how we make money.
- Honest, direct & supportive in all communication.
- Life long learner. You love to teach & coach. You love learning new things & are not afraid to admit when you dont know an answer.
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harrys, not just what is standard.
- You have multiple years of applicable experience leading & working with teams & people.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report directly to the Senior Director, People Development.
- Work regularly with the NYC Business Partners & Recruiters to attract & retain fantastic talent.
- Serve as People Business Partner for key teams at Harrys.
- Build strong relationships & interact regularly with full Harrys team.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.