Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty & grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover & shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man & expanded internationally, & in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers & operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, & Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
As the Merchandising Intern, you will work closely with the Merchants & Merchant Associates to explore the sales process. You will provide support in a variety of different tasks, from sample organization & product testing to systems management & brand research. We work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where there is never a shortage of engaging, exciting work to take charge of!
The Merchandising Intern at Birchbox will:
- Update account information in Salesforce (contact information, current status/next steps, brand details)
- Log notes in Salesforce during brand calls
- Identify missing contact information (using LinkedIn, Google, etc) for new/dormant brands & entering information into Salesforce
- Organize the sample closet
- Assist Associates in managing samples/products between warehouse/cross teams
- Manage conference room scheduling conflicts
- Proof-read decks & print materials for in-person meetings
- Manage sending boxes to brands using UPS
- Be responsible for other ad hoc Merchant projects as needed
A successful Merchandising Intern candidate at Birchbox should:
- Be currently enrolled in a college or University program & be eligible to receive credit for internships
- Be a self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Have an interest in the beauty industry & in a client-facing role
- Own the mentality that "no job is too small"
- Be approachable & positive
- Show a genuine interest & understanding of the Birchbox value proposition
- Previous internship experience in an office environment preferred, but not required
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week throughout the fall semester. *