Unitys XR team enables Unity creators to target the latest XR devices. This means that we work with a variety of hardware platforms, internal teams, & Unity users to support a wide variety of input devices. As XR input lead, you will work closely with the team who maintains the Unity Input System as well as the rest of the XR team & our hardware partners to ensure that Unity users have a simple, reliable solution for user input which works on smartphones, standalone HMDs, consoles, PCs, & any other device that runs Unity. The code you write will be used by thousands of real time 3D applications, & you will help craft industry standards like OpenXR.
As an engineering lead you will be responsible for gathering requirements & collaborating with stakeholders & industry partners, as well as writing C++ & C# code for XR platform integrations & the Unity Input System. You should be familiar with the Unity Input System, & have a deep understanding of low-level input programming, HID, OpenXR and/or other XR APIs. You will be expected to understand complex systems & distill them into accessible APIs & workflows for Unity users. In joining the team, youll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing!
What youll be doing
- Work with the Unity XR team to support development of XR features.
- Learn & maintain understanding of the latest XR technologies & features.
- Gather & communicate requirements for XR input internally & externally.
- Implement platform integrations & XR input features in Unity Input System.
What were looking for
- Deep understanding of low-level input programming.
- Proven interest in XR, either through professional experience or personal projects.
- Experience with Unity Input System.
- Familiarity or professional experience in C#, C++, & platform APIs (Android, iOS, Magic Leap, Hololens, etc.).
- Experience shipping & maintaining real products.
You might also have
- A true passion for, & enjoyment of, spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction & how XR can help.
- Mixed reality development, personal or professional, is a significant bonus.
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks, both internally & externally.
- Although the role requires specialization on input, general experience using Unity & other RT3D tools helps build appreciation for our users.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.