The DataRobot documentation team serves two masters. First, we play a vital role in getting our customers up & running quickly & making sure that the details of our products are clearly described & easy to understand. We are also the internal go-to resource for the latest information on the DataRobot application. In short, we create world-class documentation to increase prospect conversion, customer adoption, & self-paced education.
The ideal candidate has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication & writing skills, & can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, & project leads. You must be equally comfortable arguing the Oxford comma (include, of course), UI consistency, & confusion matrices. We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable who can thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
Sound interesting? If you are an excellent writer who never misses a deadline, prides yourself on flexibility & a sense of humor, & cant imagine NOT working in a start-up environment, read on.
- Produce high-quality software documentation for an audience that ranges from fairly to very technical
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, & knowledge base content
- Understand technical customer workflows & author documentation on advanced topics
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, & hands-on experimentation
- Communicate documentation requirements, timelines, & planning needs to Engineering & Product Management teams
- Maintain documentation standards, including participating in peer editing
- Review developer specs & pull requests to ensure excellent user experience & clear communication
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency & technical accuracy.
- Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption, addressed to persona-centric audiences (developers, business analysts, data scientists).
- Laser focus on--and commitment to--deadlines.
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple project-based documentation assignments simultaneously.
- As the writer assigned to designated engineering teams, represent Docs to those teams & report to Docs the ENG teams project status.
- Bachelors degree & a minimum of 8 years professional work experience in technical documentation.
- Experience with source control systems & workflow tools--Git, JIRA/Confluence.
- A proactive & open-minded attitude to resolving problems & delivering results.
- Experience with distributed data systems, ETL, data warehousing, machine learning, data science, or analytics preferable but not a strict requirement
- Experience with Markdown & documentation workflows, CMSs, and/or static site generators
- Startup experience
- Experience with cadence of deployment-based software (weekly cloud or quarterly on-premise) & making changes to documentation based on that cadence
- Please submit 1-2 writing samples that you believe best exemplify your work
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.