Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
As an intern, you'll do everything that a full-time Optimizely engineer does! You'll collaborate with engineers, designers, & product managers; build new features on existing code & ship them to customers; fix bugs; read & write design docs;and attend standups & team lunches. And you'll also get to participate in our summer Hackathon.
You'll join a team that works on one of the following: the customer-facing product (frontend & backend), SDKs, application infrastructure, & business systems (data warehousing/pipelines & analytics).
You'll also get 1:1 mentorship experience with an Optimizely engineer who will make sure that you thrive at Optimizely. Additionally, you will have regular coaching sessions with your manager.
We treat our interns like full-time employees: your opinions & ideas matter here & can shape the way we build things. Interns have worked on a number of impactful features & products that have made it to the hands of our customers during their summer.
More than shipping code, though, we host offsites for the intern class; in the past, we've been to Giants games, escape rooms & team dinners.
Read what former interns have had to say over on our engineering blog - https://medium.com/engineers-optimizely:
My Impact as a Summer Intern at Optimizely / YY Wan, Summer 2017 -
My Internships at Optimizely / Ryan Smith, Summer 2015 + Summer 2016 -
How to Find the Best Time to Post on Facebook / Baraa Hamodi, Summer 2015 https://medium.com/engineers-optimizely/how-to-find-the-best-time-to-post-on-facebook-a995f41d5294
- You're passionate, curious, and/or skilled in web application development.
- You have demonstrated skill & enthusiasm for learning about & applying new technologies & open source packages when appropriate.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills & the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, product managers, designers, & partners outside of Engineering.
- You have some experience with at least one web programming language, like Ruby, Python or Java
- You want to write clean, modular & testable code.
Bonus Points, but not necessary:
- You're familiar with a backend web stack. We use Python web frameworks like Pyramid & Django, & ship our builds via Docker on AWS & on Google App Engine.
- You are proficient in any of the following: jQuery, CSS, HTML5, AJAX, or React. We use VueJS, NuclearJS, & React on our frontend.
- You have an understanding of closures, prototypal inheritance, DOM manipulation, HTTP, web security & cross browser compatibility challenges.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.