The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is looking for individuals who have the ability to work with very discerning clientele & have a passion for the luxury product. The Sales Development Representative will provide unparalleled service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
This position is based in Chicago, IL & will report to the Manager of Inside Sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop & close new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up to achieve monthly goals
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting activities including engagement campaigns by phone, email, & text
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales channels for further development & closure if appropriate
- Develop strong relationships with newly acquired consignors
- Maintain & grow your database of prospective clients
- Work with sales management & senior sales staff on strategic sales methods
- Remain knowledgeable & up-to-date on The RealReal service offerings
- Awareness of Luxury Market or love of fashion
- 1-2 years New Business Development or Sales experience
- Prior Inside Sales & Account Management experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional Closing skills
- Evidence that you are a top producer who frequently exceeds quota
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Exhibit clear verbal & written communication
- Strong Listening skills
- Comfortable in a High-Velocity Iterative team environment
- Experience in a startup environment, if possible
- Bachelors degree in Business or related discipline strongly preferred
This position is a full time job & requires a high level of commitment. Please only apply if you fit all the criteria listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.