The Customer Retention team at Asana is focused on driving meaningful improvements to the business by improving the customer experience & empowering teams to do great things together. Today, over 70,000 businesses pay for Asana, & millions more are using our free products -- & we are just getting started. As we scale our business, we are looking for an experienced Head of Customer Retention Growth to help accelerate Asanas next wave of expansion.
As the Head of Customer Retention Growth, you will be responsible for establishing & leading a new practice for Asana. This will include: developing the strategy & financial plan; establishing & tracking new data measures; & building & leading a cross-functional team. You will have the opportunity to drive the launch of new platforms for testing & optimization of the customer experience, while partnering with key business partners in Customer Success, Product & Engineering, & Customer Support teams.
What you'll achieve
- Develop a strategy to drive Net ARR growth by improving customer retention
- Develop an operating framework for driving customer retention improvements
- Establish new KRs & goals to ensure accountability across the organization for customer retention improvements
- Champion customer retention across the organization & ensure customer retention becomes part of the culture of the Asana organization
- Drive the launch of new customer retention capabilities & initiatives, including new platforms for testing & optimization, with measurable impact to Net ARR
- Build & lead a team of both direct & indirect reports
- Communicate progress against retention initiatives & goals to all stakeholders including executive team
- 8-years of experience driving software or subscription business growth
- Track record of building & leading cross-functional teams to accomplish business results together
- Data-driven leader with a deep understanding of the financials & the math behind your business
- Experience with SaaS & subscription businesses & understanding of how important it is to keep customers once theyve been acquired
- Ability to understand highly complex topics & present them in a succinct manner
- Experience working in high growth or startup environment
- Experience driving retention-specific growth initiatives
- Experience with international markets
- Sense of humor
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.