As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Manager, Solutions Planning will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for analysis, partnering closely with Sales & Account Management to create all media plans. This role will work closely with rev ops counterparts, sales, client success & product marketing, & across the Vox Creative, Experiential, Podcast, Concert & Display/Programmatic businesses.
What youll do:
- Oversee a team of Solutions Planners & all media plan creation & pre-sale support.
- Responsible for being an expert in Vox Media diverse lines of business & media product stack to support the development of media solutions & overall plan direction based on advertising objectives.
- Oversee plan creation, revenue pipeline & mid-campaign optimizations in internal OMS.
- Partner with Insights, Podcasts, Audience, Programmatic, Network Development & Partnerships & Strategy teams to evolve existing processes & support with pricing, inventory & strategic packaging.
- Partner with Sales & Client Success leads on analytics around aligned business including volume, trends, etc.
- Accountable for understanding Vox Media yield management to make informed rate & inventory exceptions.
- Provide strategic decision making to mitigate revenue at risk & low performance.
- Mentor & support Solutions Planners towards their career development goals.
- Continue to evolve workflow processes to improve the RFP process.
What Youll Bring:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years of management media planning experience in related field or company
- 4+ years of media planning experience in related field or company
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills with strong self-directed learning abilities
- Strong written & oral communication skills across various media
- Ability to manage several projects at once & prioritize accordingly
- Superior organizational and detail orientation skills, both mentally & in tangible outputs
- Ability to see the long-term picture but deliver short-term success
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head & a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Excel; bonus points if experienced with digital tools such as Operative One, Google Ad Manager, Prisma
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.