Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Our Ocean Procurement Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, & building out the future of Flexports ocean services. As a Procurement Associate, youll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexports growth goals.
Were looking for multiple team members, who will be operational & strategy focused, while being able to focus on analysis & building out quantitative tools for the team. All will need to have a passion for ocean freight & ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be a market expert:
- Stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions & cost competitiveness
- Assist with both short-term & long-term pricing exercises
- Create tools for analyzing market conditions & keeping team members informed on latest developments
- Manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, & maintenance
Be an operational leader:
- Help ensure shipments moving on Flexport contracts move without issue
- Assist with diversions & other shipment / operational exceptions requiring carrier intervention
- Create strategy & best practices for routing, including building rail knowledge & expertise
- Assist with new client implementation
- Take action & appreciate the chaos--things go wrong in operations, be proactive & find solutions
Focus on strategy & development:
- Create tools for internal use to build efficiency & share knowledge, both within the team & company
- Collaborate with operations, sales, marketing compliance as needed for new projects
- Were still a young company with a lot to learn & build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, & ready to jump into something new
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or in a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.