Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Software Engineer, Performance - Contractor will independently perform all aspects of performance testing. Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. Engineer that will be responsible for analysis to reach required Performance targets. Candidate must be able demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to system Performance development: understanding complex software systems, providing performance problems analysis, lead of investigation & fixing bottlenecks. Seeking strong communication skills & the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for providing expertise & technical leadership in performance engineering & tuning for large-scale software systems so they achieve system performance SLA objectives.
- Develop, test, maintain & debug software components for existing or new products.
- Responsible for profile & triage performance & scalability problems through the web, application, database & infrastructure stacks.
- Evaluates new technology stacks against current tool set, implementing appropriate changes as necessary.
- Works closely with product development personnel to attain the highest level of system performance by identifying potential performance bottlenecks & mitigation strategies for improvement.
- Assisting the completion of external & internal audit requests.
- Other duties & responsibilities as required.
- 8+ years experience preferably in software performance engineering & testing experience
- Experience in performance analysis processes: from understanding product KPIs to setup testing, validation & finding issues
Experience in practical performance:
- performance analysis & bottleneck discovery
- intermittent & rare problems automation for data collection
- nearby performance issues analysis e.g. when lack of performance causes malfunctioning
- producing patches which solves findings
- Graphics problems analysis, preferable on Vulkan or OpenGL/OpenES
- Skills in using Linux/Android OSS performance tools
- System analysis for embedded Linux
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++ for Linux or AOSP, ideally with public commits
- Excellent communication, training & documentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large and/or complex projects
Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux kernel, & device drivers
- Memory profiling & analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) & in general how VMM works in Linux
- Resources & power management for embedded Linux/Android
- Performance tools development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.