Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk & www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the role:
Refinery29 is looking for a Trending Director to run a new department dedicated to quick turnaround trending news content across verticals. This director will work closely with each vertical director (entertainment, news, fashion, beauty, work & money, wellness, lifestyle) to help ensure timely, comprehensive coverage of the days news in each section.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator, have experience in each of the relevant verticals, & thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment. They will have excellent news judgement & a nose for big stories, a sense of urgency & speed, & a clear understanding & mastery of Google Trends, search engine optimization, & distribution strategy.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Build a team of freelance writers with expertise in each of the relevant verticals from news to fashion to beauty to lifestyle
- Assign, edit, & publish 8-10 stories a day
- Work collaboratively with vertical directors to coordinate coverage on the days trending news
- Help the team hit our monthly traffic goals, working closely with the content strategy team & analytics team to help make strategic performance decisions
What you have:
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgment & discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Calendar
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable building & leading a fast-paced, high-volume team
- Able to motivate team members & collaborate well with other teams
- Able to problem solve in an ever-changing environment