Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Medical Assistant to join our Virtual Care team to sit remotely in Arizona.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, & impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is a team sport & great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals & resources that are designed to address each patients healthcare needs. Were starting with a virtual first connection.
As we grow out our Virtual offering, were looking for Medical Assistants to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a virtual first mindset. Youll work with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, & Nurses to provide collaborative care.
Youll solve problems that change lives. Youll demonstrate organizational agility, coordinate cross functionally to get answers, & put members first.
- Provide support for your Care Team, including virtual MDs, Advanced Practitioners & Nurses.
- Provide live phone & messaging support for members (patients).
- Support both Doctor on Call (telemedicine) & Oscar Center (medical office).
- Help with the labs process, including entering labs into EHR, sending requisition forms, coordinating referrals, & disseminating order information & results to providers.
- Work with pharmacies to resolve order clarification issues & troubleshoot member issues.
- Close the loop with providers after referrals are made, including collecting patient notes from providers.
- Schedule appointments with members for follow up care.
- Help plan for each member's medical needs from initial outreach to solution.
- Initiate & conduct case debriefings with Specialists, Experts & Leads.
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant or similar certification & education.
- 1+ years of experience providing customer service
- Must be available nights & weekends.
- Experience using EMR tools such as Athena.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.