Peloton is extending its technology platform in support of a new member acquisition channel within its Ecommerce division. As part of this effort, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience building solutions for B2B / B2B2C who have a penchant for innovative thinking, strategic solutioning, & rapid, iterative software delivery.
Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness & wellbeing empowering people to be the best version of themselves anytime, anywhere. As we continue to grow towards our goal of 100 million members we are increasing the reach of the brand & improving access to the product by launching a platform to support high growth B2B2C opportunities. Peloton is looking for engineers who are passionate about innovating with a members-first approach to product & technology, ready to build for scale, & excited about data privacy & security by design.
Hiring a Senior Software Engineer with 8+ years of experience to help develop & manage a benefit platform that supports eligibility data & verification, participation lifecycle management, benefit design & configuration, & engagement data reporting. This platform also integrates with a number of core Peloton systems, many of which are in continuous states of evolution. Being able to build secure, scalable, & performant software in both green & brownfield systems along with being comfortable communicating & collaborating cross-functionally across a variety of different teams are key qualities for success in this role.
The engineering teams are highly collaborative & often leverage mob programming practices to tackle challenging problems in a thought provoking environment while helping to spread knowledge. We are a disciplined & focused team with an eye towards continuous refinement in how we build product in order to cultivate innovation, nourish teamwork, & support deep work & achieving flow. We are a remote team & therefore rely heavily on frequent communication, video interactions, & live diagramming / whiteboarding sessions. Our team is built on trust & transparency as we work hard & play hard.
- A technology generalist with a strong foundation in Python, preferably with the Django or Flask Frameworks, who is excited about & capable of contributing to solutions across the technology stack, from user interfaces to bare metal.
- Seeking an individual with intimate experience in the following areas:
- SQL / Postgres
- Experienced applying domain driven design & clean architecture principles to achieve loose coupling & high extensibility across systems.
- Familiar with building in a service oriented & API driven architecture with knowledge of patterns & best practices for enabling business velocity & system robustness.
- Test-driven in spirit but know where & how to apply it.
- Meticulous about documentation & experienced in using it to propose solutions, manage change, canonize knowledge, & support audit excellence.
- An excellent collaborator & comfortable engaging with both technical & non-technical audiences across the organization to understand requirements, ideate solutions, or present proposals.
- Passionate about mentorship of your peers & take an active interest in supporting the growth & development of those around you.
- Open about your opinions but willing to embrace others ideas.
- Empathetic, patient, & kind but thoughtfully candid & direct.
- Continuously improving & not afraid to identify & strengthen your weaknesses.
- You have worked with messaging technologies like Kafka, Amazon SQS, or Amazon EventBridge. Additional bonus points if used in support of Service Oriented or Microservice Architectures
- You have experience building solutions within regulated environments & a keen sense for balancing risk adversity with business velocity & customer success.
- You have some experience working with any number of the following technologies:
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Auth0, NoSQL
- Frontend: GraphQL / Apollo, TypeScript, React
- Enterprise IT: SAP, Dell Boomi, headless ecommerce, Salesforce
- Testing: Testrail, Percy, Cypress / Playwright
- User Engagement: Optimizely, Mandrill, Sendgrid, Segment, Amplitude
- You have developed & delivered products to B2B / B2B2C customers or otherwise have experience building innovative benefit solutions for corporate or health plan customers.
- You are a big fan of Pelotons products & excited about the opportunity to participate as the users of what we are building.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.