About the Company
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that businesses can use to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers & businesses of any size or budget. Thats why we build products to make it easy, quick, & inexpensive for developers & businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, & build better customer experiences.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding & are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
Who We're Looking For
As a Clarifai employee, you'll collaborate with our customers to build machine learning models through both our user-friendly platform & the API. Youll leverage creative thinking & problem-solving skills to visually understand & curate imagery in order to extract real business value from their data. Along with building computer vision models, you'll also have the chance to help build out our natural language processing platform. Youll work across the entire company, including the research, engineering, customer success, & other teams, in a fast-paced environment.
- Do initial discovery, research, & scope out the project. Projects that come to us are rarely organized, properly defined, & fully baked.
- Explore datasets with the purpose of understanding & being able to manipulate it in order to derive value out of it for machine learning algorithms.
- Own the quality of all training data & work on proactively identifying issues.
- Take batches of data & label it accurately according to the project requirements with a sufficient level of accuracy or oversee annotation of the data.
- Identify visually distinct & consistent themes within data that will allow for the creation of well-defined taxonomies & the curation of nuanced datasets.
- Understand & establish model taxonomies & be able to communicate the reasoning behind these decisions with interested parties.
- Be able to evaluate a models performance by interpreting model eval metrics.
- Communicate with our engineers to report (and hopefully recreate) any bugs you might find, providing a qualitative checkpoint for the platform.
- Using modern programming & scripting languages to:
- Triage script errors & take appropriate action
- Update & maintain scripts as requirements change & evolve
- Write new data wrangling & other scripts depending on the customer & internal needs & requirements
- Note: You may be working with the Department of Defense or NSFW moderation data.
- Preferred: A background in photography, design, or other visual or curative role
- Ability to analyze & curate imagery based on different visual cues, themes, or categories
- 0-2 years experience with data labeling and/or curation; or 1-2 years experience professionally using photo editing software
- 1-2 years knowledge of Python/shell scripting (professional or hobbyist level)
- Previous knowledge of, or willingness to learn, how REST & gRPC endpoints work & how to take advantage of them
- Comfortable with learning & using new & constantly evolving software tools under deadlines
- Capable of handling sensitive & confidential data
- Previous experience with spreadsheet applications (Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc.)