Design the products that power global trade
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a Research leader to elevate our user research practice & drive product innovation by building a deep understanding of users' problems & turn research into actionable insights that drive decision making. This individual enjoys solving challenging problems & empowering the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, & integrating new methodologies into existing systems. As a key stakeholder in the product development process, much collaboration will be required with Senior Leadership & the broader UX team. To be successful, this leader must be relentlessly curious, methodical, communicate clearly, & consistently balance user & business needs. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Research Director, you will develop our company-wide research program & bring research best practices to our team, helping to improve our research quality & processes. Your work will help inform our product strategy & roadmap, & ensure that we are always designing experiences with our customers' needs in mind. You will work on products that serve users around the world.
- Work with Product & Design leaders to develop a Research program to inform product strategy & help improve our overall user experience.
- Be a strong partner to Product, Engineering, Design, Data & Business leaders.
- Plan & coordinate research work across multiple product areas.
- Align team priorities & deliverables to the companys overall strategic goals.
- Develop your team members technical & leadership skills.
- Ensure a high quality bar for research output & deliverables.
- Share knowledge about User Research processes & tools across the organization.
- Be a strong advocate for user research at the senior leadership level.
- Increase the impact of research through strong advocacy & education.
- Help your team build deep domain knowledge & empathy for end users.
- Hire, coach, & mentor excellent user researchers.
- Drive Flexports research practice, culture, & processes.
You should have:
- 10+ years of professional experience, 5+ years of which is in management.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, storytelling)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, & analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly & persuasively across different audiences & varying levels of the organization
- Practical knowledge of statistics, especially survey sampling & experimental design
- Built a team of 5 or more & managed senior researchers
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams is a plus.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with SaaS & enterprise products
- Experience conducting quantitative research or statistical analysis
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.