theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales & Partnerships team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
As we grow, we're seeking an enthusiastic team player toprovide proactive support for members of theSkimms Sales team at all campaign touch points from pre to post sale, as well as provide exceptional communication & account management for select brand partners. Reporting to theSkimm's Senior Account Manager, this will be our first full-time Account Coordinator.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Supporting creation, organization, & formatting of pre-sales materials such as case studies, one-sheeters, & partner proposals
- Building media plans for partner proposals using both theSkimms templates & agency & brand templates
- For select accounts & in partnership with internal stakeholders:
- Managing operational elements of a campaign among internal creative & tech teams, such as setting up tickets in Asana, creating timelines & adjusting as needed
- Communicating with internal teams to ensure on-time delivery of all time-lined partner deliverables
- Own the QA & launch phase of each product included in a partner campaign
- Working with theSkimm's audience development team to ensure were monitoring & tracking toward all guaranteed views
- Assisting client communication from kick off to final reporting, including but not limited to: scheduling kick off calls, building decks for campaign calls & meetings, sending campaign live notifications & screenshots, sending campaign updates & reporting
- Generating campaign reporting for live campaigns: Excel, Insights, Wrap Reports, & share with Sales & internal teams for review before sharing with clients
- Creating & managing utilization of Campaign Reporting templates for Cross-functional campaigns in order to track & optimize impressions
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 1-2 years of experience in sales operations, media planning, or account management at an online publisher or digital media company
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, & Salesforce
- An ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Relentlessly high standards, an extreme eye for detail, & a track record for attaining results.
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically simultaneously.
- Bachelor of Arts, Marketing or Advertising focus preferred.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products
- Keen interest in Digital Media & anything related to new media & technology
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'eA Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time opportunity based in New York, NY.