The Motus Technology team is looking for an experienced server-side software engineer to join the team in the midst of some exciting expansion. The team is currently working on building a next-generation calculation & analytics platform, migrating existing monolithic applications to a service-based architecture & supporting new lines of business all while improving the stability, security & efficiency of our production systems. Our server applications use Docker, Java, & PostgreSQL to provide a scalable, flexible microservice architecture that support our web clients, native mobile applications, & public-facing REST APIs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be motivated & excited to have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects that include a wide range of responsibilities within an agile development environment. Someone who has been successful at building scalable, maintainable & extensible software on a Java stack is preferred.
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers, & architects in conceptualizing & developing new software applications & enhancements.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, estimating, scheduling, & implementation. Write code using a variety of programming languages.
- Explore the use of emerging application development software products, libraries & standards in support of new product development efforts.
- Write & maintain clear & concise documentation of new & existing systems.
- Recommend, schedule, & perform software improvements & upgrades
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience developing server applications
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate & JPA.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, & domain driven design.
- Experience with modern web development such as AJAX, HTML5 / CSS3, single-page applications, mobile web development
- Experience working in a Scrum environment & working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent English & communication skills.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Industry recognized certifications a plus.
Motus provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
For companies with mobile workers that drive for business, we are the most accurate mileage reimbursement & tracking solution available.The way we see it mileage tracking & reimbursement dont need to be complicated.With an automated technology solution, companies gain visibility into their mobile workforce & accuracy in reimbursing every employee based on how much they drive & where they drive. The result? More time for employees to be productive in the field & sustainable cost savings for the business. You wouldnt reimburse someone for a client dinner without a receipt, so why should mileage be any different?
Compensation & Benefits:
Motus offers a competitive compensation package. Our company-wide comprehensive suite of benefits includes medical, dental, vision & life insurance, 401(k), unlimited vacation, time-off for volunteering, & more.