About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat & we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth & we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the top tier online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh saw something special in Chefs Plate & brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, & part of the worlds largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, & continue our mission to create human connections through food.
Chefs Plate is on the hunt for a creative & customer-centric Brand Manager to oversee our brand strategy, as well as content, PR & design. You & your team will be responsible for enabling all marketing efforts, ensuring our value proposition remains compelling & drives customer acquisition, retention & loyalty both online & offline. You will partner with cross-team stakeholders globally & locally to ensure Chefs Plates paid acquisition efforts & retention programs perform effectively.
In this role, you will:
- Lead ongoing brand strategy, working closely with the customer, product, & research teams (local & global) to translate insights into winning consumer campaigns
- Coach & develop the Chefs Plate brand team (graphic design + content)
- Work cross-functionally with performance marketing, product, & operations teams to continuously integrate consistent brand messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey (social, ads, website, email, in-box, etc.)
- Lead creative development of all marketing assets across performance marketing channels (paid social, youtube, direct mail, etc) & brand touchpoints (packaging, website, etc).
- Manage the content strategy & copy development for all marketing materials
- Lead strategy & execution for all upper funnel marketing activities (PR, TV, OOH)
- Act as a key point of contact with marketing performance leads, tech product team, & culinary product team
- Own the brand marketing budget & be accountable for reporting on & adjusting it
- Relevant university degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field of study
- 3+ years experience in a brand marketing or communications role, ideally within packaged goods or an e-commerce environments
- Experience managing & coaching/developing direct report(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence & motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions & levels
- Experience building integrated marketing campaigns & managing upper funnel marketing channels (TV/OOH/PR/etc) from strategy, to media buying, to creative execution
- Strong learning agility & willingness to take on new challenges
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels & e-commerce trends
- Hands-on attitude & willingness to build marketing campaigns & assets from scratch.Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality & risk.
Learns from failures as well as successes
- Retail and/or ecommerce business knowledge & understanding of the typical KPIs that drive success
- Enjoys working closely in a matrix-organization with other marketing managers, copywriters, designers & data analysts
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing & managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter & a great communicator
- Excellent organizational skills; strong written & verbal communication skills to communicate with internal & external stakeholders
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize & contribute to a start-up environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A real passion for food is required!