Brand Networks offers advertising optimization & insights combining paid social media, programmatic display, & video. The company delivers award-winning adtech & services to hundreds of enterprise customers, including 71 of the AdAge 100 Leading National Advertisers & 14 of the 25 biggest US companies as ranked in the Fortune 500.
Brand Networks is currently seeking a Manager of Media Development & Strategy. As a member of the Media Development team, this individual will be responsible for driving the client pre-sales process for new media prospects. The Manager will be tasked to work with cross-functional internal teams & external clients to develop strategic media plans for the US Digital Media Sales division. The Manager will collaborate with Brand Networks Sales teams, Account & Campaign Management Teams, Creative, Marketing & Solutions teams in order to provide strategic sales collateral & support. This individual must possess exceptional relationship-building skills to work with various internal stakeholders.
In this role, the Manager of Media Development & Strategy will work directly with the Sales organization to provide overarching paid media strategy as well as upselling strategies spanning channels & tactics across Programmatic Display, Video & Social. This role requires both strategic & tactical expertise, leveraging the know-how of cross-channel media buying & planning to showcase Brand Networks as a leader in technology-led services. They must possess a deep knowledge of social & digital media, the ad tech space, as well as have a strong understanding of Brand Networks proprietary technology & differentiators. They must also possess excellent communication skills to impart critical information to a broad audience. This individual will also be responsible for managing Strategists responsible for selected projects.
Success in this role means meeting or exceeding clients quarterly revenue targets, establishing & maintaining a management framework that allows for visibility into team performance against client objectives, while maintaining high satisfaction among the Sales organization. In an ever-evolving advertising landscape, strong general problem-solving skills are required to deal with new challenges as they arise.
- Lead media development team & process with sales lead; ability to own strategy development for potential new clients.
- Identify & solicit cross-department stakeholders needed to successfully build a new business pitch.
- Ensure all recommended media plans are actionable; leverage Campaign execution if necessary to valid recommendations.
- Coordinate with Media Solutions Team to leverage best practices & POVs across media channels.
- When applicable, tap into Solutions team to provide innovative technology-led recommendations.
- Project manage media development & sales teams to ensure required deadlines for proposal deliverables are met.
- Act as subject matter expert in the sales process; strong understanding of how & why proposals convert to new business.
- Act as a gatekeeper of all sales collateral & material; work in partnership with marketing to deliver consistent narrative for all new business.
- Ensure there is a strong & consistent quality of work across all client deliverables.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of cross-channel changes & capabilities.
- Leverage your understanding of the complex digital ecosystem in order to identify upsell & cross-sell opportunities for all potential new clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent field of study.
- Management experience required.
- 4+ years of direct digital or social media experience required; experience working in a media planning or buying position at an advertising or media agency preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of digital media tools, platforms, & audience tools. Ad tech marketing knowledge & proficiency is preferred.
- Extensive experience working with native social & digital media ad platforms (Facebook Ads Manager Twitter Ads, Amobee, TTD etc).
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables & macros) & skilled in PowerPoint.
- Understanding of fundamental ads metrics & calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA).
- Strong analytical, quantitative & problem-solving skills; ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & develop actionable recommendations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; the ability to think on your feet, be creative & talk knowledgeably about digital & social media & its implications on todays businesses.
- Strong presentation & story-telling skills.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Ability to move fast, be bold & thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment.
- Good sense of humor & team player.