Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention & build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Through Kargos high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools & award-winning creative studio, brands & agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo & Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 175 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn (Kargo).
Have you ever wanted to explore what it takes to build innovative, cutting edge products in a fast-moving industry? Are you looking to use both your business savvy & technical acumen to solve complicated problems?
Kargo is seeking a Product Management Intern for a fun & exciting summer internship program. The program is designed to give you the skills, knowledge, & confidence to take the next step in a Product focused career. The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August & all internship positions are paid.
The Product Management team is tasked with defining the Product Vision & Strategy. The team identifies what Products & Technologies to build & why. The team works across many stakeholders including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Business Intelligence, etc. to ensure the products that are built fit the market need & are launched successfully.
What Youll Learn:
- Youll learn the processes & tools needed to innovate new products within a fast-paced industry & environment:
- Handle requirements gathering & documentation, user stores, flowcharts, wireframes, etc.
- Youll learn how to work across teams as a Product leader within Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Executives, to gather stakeholder intelligence & insights.
- A deep understanding of Kargos overall business strategy & the broader advertising technology space.
- How to present your ideas to the product stakeholders, receive feedback, & get the appropriate buy in across the board.
What Youll Do:
- Youll put your training into action by ideating & implementing a product feature from start to finish.
- Research & present a proposal on how Product functions in a Sales-driven organization from initial product conception to market release.
- Assist in live market research at client sites in tandem with Sales.
- Day-to-day hands on work with stakeholders to discover, define, & organize product innovations & iterations.
- Working towards or have recently earned a Bachelors degree in a related field (Advertising, Marketing, Business, Software Development, etc.).
- Inquisitive & curious about emerging tech & products.
- Good listener with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, & prioritize work.
- Positive Attitude & integrity, owner mentality, & willing to roll up your sleeves & do whatever is necessary.
- Available to work in New York City up to 40 hours a week from June 15, 2020 - August 21, 2020.