Latch is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Public Policy to join our fast-growing team. This position will develop & advance smart home & smart access policy goals with state & local governments. This policy expert will help craft Latchs policy priorities & will work directly with elected officials, policymakers, external advisors & key stakeholders at all levels of government.You will work closely with our leadership team, including product, operations, privacy, information security, & engineering groups. You will be a critical part of an exciting technology company that is changing the way we access the spaces most important to us.
Initially, the role can be based either in New York or our San Francisco Office; however, over the long-term the position is expected to be primarily located in our New York Headquarters.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Develop Latchs legislative, regulatory, & political strategy
- Represent Latch in interactions with elected officials, government & agency officials & staff, including providing policy guidance in service of legislative & regulatory processes
- Track legislation relevant to Latch & the smart home space
- Work cross-functionally & with Latch senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Latchs operations & business interests, & those of the ecosystem in which we operate
- Work closely with Latchs Operations, Legal, Security, Privacy, Compliance, & Communications teams on developing strategies
- Help manage a team of top-notch external policy consultants
- Develop & advocate for policies that support the growth of smart access
- 5-7+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience
- Experience with a legislative body, executive branch/agency, housing authority, local/county/state Department of Housing, or housing NGOs a plus
- Law Degree preferred but not required
- Exceptional strategic & proactive problem-solving skills
- Excited to set goals & be held accountable for those goals
- Skilled at defining objectives, outlining execution plan, & proactively following-through on goals
- Strong judgment for what is important & what is not, with the ability to minimize unknown unknowns that can create material business risks
- Superlative positional empathy for all stakeholders including residents, property managers, advocacy groups, & policymakers
- Entrepreneurial in orientation & a self-starter who is both intrinsically motivated & a good teammate
- Natural connector & relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) - you know how to tell a good story & advocate your position
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, & the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City.