Harrys is looking for an Experienced SRE to join our team!
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding & strengthening our DTC brands. The engineering team launches & maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order & fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who is interested in e-commerce & cares about implementing DevOps & SRE principles to provide a quality experience to other engineers & our customers. You will support & enhance our use of industry standard tooling like:
- Containers & Kubernetes
- AWS & Terraform
- PagerDuty & Datadog
This role supports all of HARRYS brands. Youll work closely with engineering & product management to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. The systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will do:
- Help the SRE team define technology & business strategies that deliver iterative enhancements to the tools & processes that improve availability, observability & scalability.
- You will be a force multiplier by creating clear & complete examples, frameworks, documentation, or other work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Implement best practices from SRE & DevOps to build high-quality, high-value software, & be an advocate for SRE & DevOps across the engineering team.
- Improve & maintain our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Support & enhance our container based platform
Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years experience. Demonstrates knowledge about AWS, terraform, virtualization, containers & Kubernetes.
- Demonstrates close working relationships with other engineers through training, communication & pair programming.
- Experience in at least one programming language.
The type of engineer were looking for:
- Youre always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You work effectively autonomously & collaborate within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry's has expanded internationally, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched additional brands such as Flamingo & Headquarters.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $148,400-$204,050, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.