The goal of the Client Manager is to oversee the inbound & outbound operations of the brick & mortar consignment office, including the client-facing experience & back-of-house consignment processes. A key focus for the client manager is maintaining the engagement with our cross-functional partners to ensure that we maintain the highest level of customer experience & drive high-value growth through our service offerings. This position will report to the Regional Consignment Operations Manager.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide a luxury consignor experience by maintaining brand standards, providing exceptional customer service, & maintaining The RealReals core value.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations, adhering to standard operating procedures, service level agreements, procurement, & facility management.
- Manage the luxury consignor experience through brand standards, exceptional customer service, & adhering to The RealReals core values.
- Oversee the holistic pipeline of consignment product filtered through brick & mortar location, manage all logistics & back-end data management & physical movement through numerous teams, communicating effectively on any exceptions or delays
- Oversee all safety standards & loss prevention policies, managing all audits
- Responsible for location management & outbound logistics through UPS and/or van transfers
- Accountable for accurate shipped units reporting & meeting supply plan.
- Evaluate metrics to determine Expert contribution & partner with Expert team to balance productivity
- Communicate & maintain relationships with the sales team to drive increased engagement with our department by using our services.
- Support the sales team with additional training on our guidelines & service offerings
- Assume client-facing responsibilities, including welcoming consignors & clients into The RealReal space & managing all compliance requirements.
- Responsible for working with the Retail Consignment Specialist & Expert team to maintain alignment in experience & processes.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of experience working in the luxury space in a business facing role
- 2-5 years of experience working under budgets to create plans that hit required goals
- Cross-departmental project coordination & planning experience is encouraged
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines
- Learns quickly, experiments enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Spends time efficiently on what is important & will drive the business
- Can effectively cope in a fast-paced environment with rapid change, while making educated decisions without having the total picture
- Uses facts & logic to solve problems
- Is capable of working with a variety of people in multiple settings & styles, & can get messages across that to have the desired effect
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.