Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
About the Position
The full-stack engineering team creates & owns Foursquare's customer & user interfaces. We consider ourselves the gateway to Foursquare's rich & valuable data set. Working with many other groups including product, data engineering, & client success, our team is the nexus between our customers & Foursquare's location platform. Our full-stack team owns the applications, APIs, & services that the world's largest brands rely on to move their business forward. We pride ourselves on our customer focus & the ability to continually deliver value to our users. We are looking for a software engineer to join our team!
In this role, youll
- Develop & maintain our industry-leading measurement applications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as Data Engineering, Infrastructure, & Client Success
- Help break down product requirements with team product managers into incremental units of delivery
- A focus on creating experiences that delight our customers
- Proactively seek out opportunities for improvement in all aspects of your role
What youll need
- CS Degree (or similar) or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in implementing product features with React, Vue, or similar
- Familiarity working within an agile software development cycle
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize when to ask for help - we encourage our teammates to learn by asking the right questions
- Knowledge of data structures & the ability to identify trade-offs of proposed solutions
Benefits & Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings & Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family Planning & Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.