At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a sharp, dynamic, & self-motivated attorney with at least 7 years litigation experience to achieve Lyfts business goals at the intersection of law, policy, & technology. Youll serve as a trusted advisor to multiple internal business partners, & your work to minimize legal risk relating to users interaction with the Lyft platform will be core to the success of the organization. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial & resourceful, skilled at building strong relationships, & comfortable working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. You will report directly to the Director, Legal.
- Primary responsibility meaning, hands-on work, not just supervising outside counsel for a wide variety of litigation matters, pre-litigation dispute resolution, internal counseling, & other legal disputes, with an emphasis on consumer litigation & counseling, mass torts, & trust & safety issues.
- Proactively approach all aspects of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, witness preparation, settlement negotiations, & trial & appellate strategies.
- Work closely with internal business partners to provide strategic & proactive legal advice on litigation & regulatory matters, including but not limited to understanding, interpreting, & applying current law & regulations to Lyfts current & prospective products & services.
- Provide strategic recommendations to a broad range of cross-functional teams addressing sensitive trust & safety matters.
- Provide legal guidance to departments such as Product, Engineering, Operations, Public Policy, Communications, Customer Experience & Trust, & Compliance to help craft solutions to the novel legal challenges Lyft faces every day.
- Manage outside counsel in your areas of coverage, including tactical guidance, staffing, case management, budgeting, & alignment with Lyfts broader legal strategy.
- J.D. degree from a top-tier law school & membership in at least one state bar.
- 7+ years litigation experience. Strong preference is given to candidates with prior in-house experience.
- Prior experience with consumer class actions, single plaintiff litigation, & mass torts is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions & influence through excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, & simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands & shifting priorities
- Operate with high standards & ethics
- An understanding of the multi-modal transportation & ridesharing industries, as well as the sharing economy in general
- Previous people management experience
- Passion for Lyft & the ridesharing community
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.