Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Capital Markets team is Betters primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing & securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions & is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, & Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com.
As a Funding Associate in correspondent lending, you be on the team opening up a new channel for Better Mortgage. In this role, you can expect to work cross-functionally with other members of the Capital Markets team, as well as other stakeholders from our mortgage operations teams to ensure our loans are funded efficiently & securely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being fully responsible for the daily fundings of our growing pipeline.
- Engaging with warehouse operations staff to ensure prompt & accurate disbursements.
- Performing a final QC on loan documentation.
- Developing metrics & reporting for the Director of Capital Markets & CFO.
- Consistently improving the funding process as the company grows.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
- You are extremely diligent with high attention to detail.
- You thrive in a high pressure environment.
- You are a quantitative thinker & take a practical approach to problem solving.
- Previous funding experience a plus, but not required if you have a demonstrated ability to learn.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.