Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is innovating how the Fortune 500 & government entities upskill & reskill their talent pipeline to have the technical skills in software engineering, data science, UX, Project Management, & more for the future. The services practice is focused on financial, professional, government, & technology services. Representative clients include Guardian, Booz Allen Hamilton, the U.S. Department of Defense, & Cognizant. We are looking for a sharp, seasoned leader to develop & execute GAs U.S. enterprise sales strategy in alignment with GAs vision & business objectives & oversee the U.S. sales organization performance.
- Lead & grow a team of account directors, with responsibility for hiring, retention, development, & coaching.
- Develop industry specific insights & play the role of thought leader for our clients.
- Refine & execute our Go-To-Market approach for financial services, professional services, technology services, & government agencies, including customers to target, positioning, & relevant thought leadership.
- Formulate & lead appropriate account teams & technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects & orchestrate internal & external resources to close the sale.
- Maintain & build rapport with senior executives & officials to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust.
- Lead negotiation of prices & contracts, & understand the legal ramifications of contracts.
- Develop & maintain a pipeline according to targets, & provides clear & accurate reporting of sales outcomes & activities.
- Develop & grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis.
Practice Area & Who Youll Work With:
- We focus on both public & private sector partnerships. In the latter, we focus on four primary industry sub-verticals: financial services, professional & technology services, CPG & industrials.
- Within these companies, youll be working with Chief Digital Officers, Chief HR Officers, Chief Marketing Officers & individual functional owners of the various disciplines e.g. Head of Digital Marketing, Head of Data Analytics, etc.
- Internally, youll report to the VP of Global Enterprise Sales, who in turn reports to the GM of the Enterprise Business globally. In addition, youll work in close collaboration with a talented & sharp team of client engagement managers, curriculum designers, & external subject matter experts from some of the worlds leading companies.
If youre the right person for this role, you probably
- Have experience selling into financial, professional, & /or technology services organizations
- Have government sales experience
- Have successfully developed & led sales teams to consistently reach commercial goals.
- Are a proven leader with in-depth industry experience & a true passion for the EdTech industry.
- Are intellectually curious, & excited by working on challenging problems & complex negotiations across lengthy sales & business development cycles.
- Are hard working & self-motivated.
- Are excited by, & have conversational fluency around the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering, digital marketing & data science.
- Must have 7+ years of experience managing engagements & projects with large companies
($1m+) and/or driving enterprise sales & growth, working directly with VP, SVP, & C-level clients at large companies (private & government agencies).
- Must have experience hiring, developing & leading a sales organization in the U.S.
- Must have experience selling bespoke & standard off the shelf products
- Excel at designing & articulating complex client proposals.
- Are organized & capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, & partnership opportunities.
- Current or previous management consulting experience preferred.
- Builds Effective Teams
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Strategic Mindset