Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking a VP of Product Management to lead the development, maintenance, & ongoing improvement of General Assemblys product portfolio for our consumer (B2C), enterprise (B2B), & governmental (B2G) customers. The VP Product Management will set a clear & impactful strategy & roadmap to drive revenue & meet the needs of our various customers. This role will oversee a team of Product Managers & reports directly to the Chief Product Officer. The VP Product Management will work in close partnership with leaders across the organization, including engineering, learning, design, project management, & analytics. A successful candidate will have significant product management experience, a hypothesis-driven mentality, & exceptional organizational influence.
- Translate General Assemblys vision into winning products that drive equally toward the customers, organizations, & markets.
- Drive the success of our product portfolio based on scorecards for the product delivery (time, budget, quality) & end-user performance (adoption, engagement, & monetization)
- Translate the product vision into action by creating business cases, competitive analysis, product-market fit, & product differentiation analysis.
- Utilize best-in-class product management & design principles & processes that increase end-to-end efficiency & productivity while ensuring quality learning outcomes.
- Ensure our products meet financial, sales, usage, engagement, quality, & other measurable goals.
- Develop & implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect & analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, & other teams to shape requirements, features, & end products
- Build the product vision, ensuring execution goals are aggressive yet achievable
- Ensure information is flowing across & between product stakeholders, continuing to develop the process & infrastructure needed for cross-functional communications
- Understand the needs and goals of our Enterprise, Government, & Consumer businesses & ensure our products are aligned to support & meet those needs
- Work in close partnership with Engineering, Marketing, Project Management, & Learning to ensure our product roadmaps are up to date & on track
Research & Development
- Define & support processes for rapid experimentation & feedback loops for new product offerings & ongoing analysis of current portfolio performance.
- Leverage data, artificial intelligence, rapid prototyping, & subject matter experts & learning designers to improve products & assessments & develop new ones.
- Innovate on curriculum, instructor capacity, & assessments to create a proof of concept or model related to the curriculum for new markets, digital-first, or other innovative learning experiences.
- Partner with leaders in Engineering & other cross-functional areas to ensure our tools support learning.
Leadership & Team Development
- Manage the growing team of Product Managers, ensuring the team is properly resourced, structured, & set up for success
- Foster an engaged, collaborative team culture of feedback, coaching, & professional learning.
- Ensure collaborative cross-functional partnerships between your teams & other departments.
- Partner with other product leaders to own end-to-end product development & roll-out
- Identify & implement KPIs & metrics for the team, as well as, manage a team of Product Managers