BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding & love of web culture, digital media, & online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist & working on our Hollywood campus, you will assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content & audience engagement for all of BuzzFeeds YouTube channels. You have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, & have an accessible & responsive working style.
You have a passion for social media content & digital publishing & can understand & summarize how & why certain pieces of content blow up where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This is a freelance, short-term contract that includes a 40 hour/week, running ASAP-January.
- Create clickable & eye-catching titles & thumbnails for videos
- Optimize video metadata for YouTube & SEO best practices
- Monitor discussions, posts, & comments across multiple YouTube channels & assist with comment moderation
- Experiment with how our content is presented on platform, analyze results, & give actionable feedback
- Collaborate with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube
- Extremely strong Photoshop knowledge & experience
- Deep understanding of how titling & thumbnails can affect performance
- Experience in digital media and/or marketing
- Understanding & love of the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the YouTube platform ecosystems & best practices
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Reddit user
- Exceptionally strong organizational & communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Please submit 3-5 samples of social media thumbnails youve created.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.