Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help grow new business initiatives at CarGurus. This person will have the unique opportunity to shape future products by launching, optimizing & scaling value-add strategic partnerships. The Manager, Business Development will be highly cross-functional & a successful candidate will possess outstanding analytical & business acumen, as well as strong communication & organizational qualities.
What You'll Do:
- Drive & develop new market research to accelerate achievement of product roadmap
- Source & lead partnerships core to execution of strategic initiatives
- Negotiate contracts & agreements with vendors, partners & other third parties
- Work cross-functionally to launch, scale & optimize products and/or partnerships
- Conduct data driven analysis to support & promote value-added business decisions
- Set, track & analyze key performance indicatorspresenting actionable insights & recommendations that drive towards the best possible outcome
- Evaluate opportunities to inform CGs buy, build or partner decision-making
- Build influential relationships with leaders from companies throughout the automotive & technology industries
- Contribute to achievement of dynamic business development team goals
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of business development, corporate development, management consulting or investment banking experience
- Bachelors degree requiredMBA a plus
- Digital marketing experience preferred
- Track-record of outstanding academic & professional achievement
- Strategic mindset with a history of developing impactful ideas
- Self-motivated, well-organized & detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skillsetable to translate quantitative & qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Capable of effectively tracking & reporting on project goals, progress & results
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- High degree of professional & personal integrity
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.