Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
In Engineering, we do that by building reliable & maintainable applications, infrastructure, & interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, & (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, youll be joining a tight knit, passionate team. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), & our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
Oscar engineering works on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, & data teams; building rich web applications, product backends & services & the infrastructure that supports it all. Working with our backend teams, you will develop expertise in specialized areas like: system design & architecture; complex data systems & pipelines; development of communications or other types of infrastructure; & lots more. Working with our fullstack teams, you will develop world class web & mobile user experiences, construct sophisticated front end systems & applications, & develop strong skills in full stack software development.
What we're actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively & efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, accurately, & automatically make electronic payments to providers.
- A system to price & adjudicate claims in real time with startling accuracy.
- An app that securely allows members to message with their doctors & Oscar the same way they message their friends & family
- A suite of tools that powers our concierge teams to offer best in class member services
- A suite of React components to align functionality & styles across all of Oscars web properties.
You at Oscar:
If you have passion, great software development skills, & a drive to learn & grow, we want to work with you. That means:
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- Youre willing & able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You are excited to build high-performance, fault-tolerant, & scalable software systems.
- Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.