BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a contracted writer to work with our team working weekdays and/or weekends. You will take assignments from our Celebrity Strategy Leads & turn around stories as quickly as possible. You have experience sourcing, pitching, & writing about timely stories. You follow everyone from Lil Nas X to Lana Condor not to mention up & coming stars & have a willingness to obsessively cover them.
This is a three-month contract-based position & available to start immediately. This is a remote position. Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, & Washington are encouraged to apply.
- Write assignments from BuzzFeeds Celebrity Strategy Leads & execute them quickly
- Create & produce ideas for content based on news of the day, including evergreen content when necessary
- Attend brainstorms & contribute to team goals
- Work weekdays and/or weekends
- Ability to cover a wide range of topics including music, TV, film, fashion, beauty, sports, etc.
- The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
- Experience writing about sensitive topics, as well as content for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, & other diverse communities
- Experience writing Celebrity & other trending news stories preferred
- Experience vetting & sourcing photos a plus
- Experience interviewing celebrity talent a plus
- Experience with SEO a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.