NowThis is looking for an Associate Copy Editor to join our Social Video Distribution Team. The Associate Copy Editor serves as NowThis copy quality control, working with both the Publishing & Editorial teams. The role is responsible for reviewing all videos for style, grammar, spelling, & clarity while communicating with producers & publishers on a daily basis. The person will copy edit for both News & Originals videos, assist with website copy, & keep the NowThis Style Guide up to date.
- Watch all videos from News & Originals teams for style, grammar, spelling, & clarity
- Work with Supervising Publisher to maintain editorial voice throughout videos across multiple verticals while keeping in mind that each page & series has its differences in tone
- Communicate with Editorial to ensure all changes are made to the videos in a timely manner
- Stay in close contact with Publishing so publishers can arrange the daily schedule based on which videos are ready
- Assist the Website Publisher in writing & copy editing site copy, including social headlines & SEO descriptions
- Strong grammar & communication skills required
- Strong familiarity with AP style, although NowThis has a style all its own
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Flexibility: Were a newsroom, & breaking news doesnt always happen during traditional hours
- Foreign language skills are a bonus but not required (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.