Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Vice President - Benefits to collaborate with senior leadership in the development, design, & execution of Visa's benefits & wellness programs. They will have a commercially focused mindset & the ability to translate that capability to human resources solutions through these programs. This leader will draw from big picture thinking to deliver compelling, innovative & creative programs that balance business needs & employee experience.
They will be a key member of the Total Rewards Leadership Team, reporting to the SVP, Total Rewards. This role will have full responsibility for North American benefits, & will lead the overall global benefits & wellness strategy in close partnership with the leader of international benefits & their team for the establishment of a comprehensive benefits & wellness strategy in support of the attraction, retention, & engagement of Visa's employees.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in a dynamic payments & technology industry, & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change.
- Drive strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, & administration of benefits & wellness programs
- Be adept at identifying & analyzing data & behavioral patterns to help inform the design, communication, education & administration of benefits & wellness programs
- Demonstrate critical thinking & exceptional people skills in helping solve complex system-wide challenges & in building teams who work effectively with you & each other to provide strategic & operational support to senior management
- Act as a key advisor on all M&A activities & contribute to other corporate initiatives
- Benchmark activities across all areas of benefits & wellness to elevate our understanding of our competitiveness & evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards
- Provide proactive & strategic guidance & support for organizational planning & development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies & initiatives
- Lead an effective, client-focused benefit & wellness team that instills company-wide trust & value for the HR function, & delivers with operational excellence
- Provide people leadership capabilities including promoting cross collaboration, inspiring growth & delivering as one team
- Communicates effectively with leadership & broad employees to convey the value & opportunity of Visa's benefits & wellness programs
Critical Competencies for Success
- Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective & appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust & mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when & how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted & institutionalized
- Intellectual Curiosity: Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity & judgement. Quickly study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details
- Values & Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, innovation & Excellence) & has the capability to lead & motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing & developing internal talent
- Solution- & Results-oriented: Resourceful, with strong service orientation & positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job & to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on
- Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks & propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact & how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy
- Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor & listens first
- Influencing Skills: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively & constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident & highly articulate at all levels in the organization
- Execution & Operational Effectiveness: Outcome orientated & able to act decisively & deliver
- Communication: Able to affect behavior & convey the value & opportunity of programs in a way that conveys the relevant information & resonates with the audience
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of human resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition. Industry is open with a preference for the consumer, financial services or technology industry. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Experience in a growing global business & positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.