Software Engineer - Vendor Portal Team
Chevy Chase, MD
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Software Engineer to bring a wide range of professional expertise & knowledge to our global Product Development team as we create the very best wedding experience for couples, their guests & vendors--our small business customers. Over 11 years, we have experienced rapid growth to over 950 employees around the world while maintaining a creative startup culture. You will be challenged with managing innovative solutions & you will be empowered with the autonomy & opportunity to impact change within the $250 billion international wedding marketplace. Join us on our journey as we continue our global expansion among 15 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe & Asia.
The apps you will be working on introduce vendors to a variety of tools that help them manage their clients. These tools are still in rapid development & you will have a hand in creating tools that are still in the planning phase to improving tools that are already there.
We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality & agility. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, & secure. What you build will make the vendor portal more enjoyable & less stressful for all of our vendors.
- Facilitate high quality, scalable product deployment through requirements, architectural designs, user stories, & other artifacts.
- Collaborate in an Agile development process to help conceive, make, & deliver new products & features. You should have an opinion on how to delight our users, & enjoy collaborating closely with engineering, product, & design.
- Be an advocate for quality & curious about technology. You should like exploring new ideas & sharing what you know about everything from architecture to process.
- Implement solutions quickly & efficiently with guidance from the more senior developers on the team
- Execute strategy surrounding code deployments & utilize the development & release process already implemented on our teams
- Maintain a friendly, healthy, happy & emotionally safe work environment
SUCCESSFUL SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, & highly visible web applications
- Full-stack knowledge in at least one interpreted web-friendly scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, Elixir, etc.). Experience in one or more of the following technologies a bonus: Symfony, Ruby on Rails, React/Redux/ES6/Webpack, PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Chef, NGINX.
- A passion for coding, design & automation, technical expertise, & knowledge to effectively hide internal complexity behind elegant & simple interfaces.
- A track record of delivering creative solutions to complex architectural problems.
- An ability to explain problems to technical & non-technical folks alike. A love for sharing knowledge & a desire to learn from others.
- The drive to build things, ship early & often, initial comfort with less than perfect, a willingness to say no when needed, build to throw away, & clarity with anything you create because you know the next thing's going to be even better.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set & to improve the quality of your code.
- Excited by the fast pace & you thrive in variety.
- Able to prioritize tasks by urgency & importance.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of management.
- Always asking "what if?" & then like to use your resources to find the answers.
- Self-confident, respectful of self & others, & energetic.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.