TripAdvisor FCC (Flights, Cruise & Car) Data Science team is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist with strong statistical modeling & machine learning skills to help us translate the massive amount of data in our big data environments into impactful algorithms. We build models & test algorithms that support all facets of our business, including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Business Development, & Finance. Using data science techniques that include supervised/unsupervised learning, collaborative filtering, & deep learning, this role will help optimize our end to end user experience, partner relationships, & site monetization.
Located in our Needham HQ office, this role will be focused on driving the analysis of user behavior on our site & building, iterating, testing & deploying new models & algorithms to grow our traffic & revenue. This is a tremendous chance to make one of the largest travel sites in the world even better, while enjoying the energy & rapid pace of a startup.
What You'll Do:
- Perform analysis & develop analytical models to maximize product growth, traffic acquisition, & partner optimizations
- Develop predictive models for user engagement & buyer behavior,and carrying out A/B tests for airline pricing
- Identify opportunities for revenue & traffic growth via user segmentation & personalized recommendations
- Prototype models & partner with Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, & Analytics to create product requirements & specification documents for new features & products
What We Seek:
- 2+ years of Data Science or relevant experience, MS/PhD preferred
- Strong SQL skills & experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.)
- Proficiency with Data Science programming environment (e.g. Python, R)
- Results-oriented collaborator who thrives on data & measurements
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing, management & interpretation
- Able to derive practical, data-driven solutions to business problems from imperfect data
- Demonstrated ability of communicating complex analytical topics to technical and business audiences
- Experience with eCommerce, recommender systems, user choice models, classification modeling, online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics preferred
TripAdvisor Perks & Benefits:
- Free daily gourmet lunch & snacks!
- Shuttle transportation to our office in Needham from Green / Red Line T & Boston / Cambridge
- Fitness center with classes
- Fun after-work programs, parties, & charitable causes
- Generous time off, summer Fridays, & more!