Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's Capital team is seeking a highly motivatedCapital Credit Analyst to mitigate credit risk within the business financing space. The Capital team at Square is responsible for safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. In this role, you will analyze data using internal/external tools to distinguish risky accounts from opportunities across different types of businesses. The ideal candidate would love credit underwriting & finding creative ways to manage risk while improving the client experience. Successful analysts quickly become experts on Square Capital & have an opportunity to impact the product roadmap & customer experience.
- Define, test, & implement new strategies for the prevention of loss on Capital
- Monitor Capital accounts to maintain default rate within investor requirements
- Communicate with clients including investigative level conversations
- Maintain accurate up to date process documentation & reporting
- Collaborate with Risk, Legal, Compliance, & Finance to set policies & reduce loss
- Track & report performance metrics
- Surface opportunities to improve tools, workflow & customer experience
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML & performBSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 1-2 years experience in business lending or credit risk underwriting
- Experience with financial analysis including reviewing financial statements
- Previous experience with Merchant Acquiring or Credit Card processing is a plus
- BS degree in Finance, Mathematics, or Accounting desired
- Flexibility to adapt & able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Enjoys working in fast-paced & rapidly changing start-up environment
- Detective-like mentality; simultaneous desire to help customers & obtain the truth
- Excellent organizational/analytical skills / Superb oral & written communication skills
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to assist in training & development of new team members and/or contractors
- Contagious passion for Square's mission
- Formal Credit Training a plus!
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.