Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, & participate in social & community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate & drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Intern (MBA) - Healthcare Segment Strategy roleis responsible for developing industry segment strategies in order to support new acceptance & payment volume growth. This includes analyzing markets in order to identify opportunities to accelerate payment volume growth & build deeper relationships with industry stakeholders. The position will work closely with internal & external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows & sustained business relationships that achieve strategic initiatives.
- Manage partner engagements including:
- Supporting partner interview;
- Developing insights based on data from Visa Net, third-party research & other market data;
- Drafting presentation & related material for partner briefings;
- Developing internal business case for strategic initiatives;
- Leading internal business case development.
- Develop promotional materials by leading engagements with agencies & internal marketing resources.
- Develop educational content to promote industry specific payment acceptance by working with internal stakeholders, agencies & contractors.
- Assist with partner innovation workshop facilitation by conducting partner need analysis, drafting agendas / pre-workshop materials, stakeholder ethnographic interview, capturing meeting artifacts & post-session actions.
- Develop an understanding of the partner'sbusiness, including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Utilize a consultative approach to illustrate how Visa products & servicesmeet thepartners's business objectives
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategy
- Actively participate in various ad-hoc internal projects asassigned
- Participate in team meetings & training activities
- B.S.or B.A. in a business or technical field (Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc.) with3-5 years of experience with progressively increasingresponsibility
- Must beattendingschool for a MBAfrom leading business school
- Card payment and/or healthcare experience a plus
- Design thinking / Human-centered design experience is a plus
- Successful track record of implementing a strategic initiative
- Partner facing experience; leading consulting or sales is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to synthesize key points into concise slides in order to tell a story
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills; comfortable with analyzing large data sets & market research to compile insights & recommendations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify key decision makers & create anddeliver effective presentations to diverse audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal & external resources andnurture cross functional relationships
- A demonstrated understanding of financial indicators tomeasure business performance & an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision making
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.