At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, & Customer Success - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
About the Role
The Business Development Representative (BDR) program is a 18 to 24 month program in which you will:
Create excellent customer experiences
Learn customer-centric sales skills
Become an expert in Cloudflare's product
Upon completion of this program, team members have opportunities to move into roles across the organization, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, & sales operations.
Day in the Life of an Outbound BDR at Cloudflare: :
- Own & operate your individual sales pipeline
- Focus 90% on outbound sales, while balancing 10% inbound & marketing-generated leads
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders (account executives, marketing, sales operations, fellow BDRs)
- Help lead BDR team-wide campaigns (were a collaborative group)
- Identify target accounts with strategic timing & strong use cases
- Write emails & letters youd love to open; make calls youd love to receive; ask compelling questions
- Meet target quota related to number of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, & revenue
- Report, track, & manage sales activities & results using SFDC
- Play an active role in the creation & iteration of team processes
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms & the internet security market
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Treat your team members with respect & compassion
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Empathy & curiosity
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.