Squarespace is looking for a Procurement & Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance & Accounting team. We are seeking individuals who can help build the sourcing & procurement function & manage all activities related to Accounts Payable, thus overseeing the entire procure-2-pay process. Reporting to the Head of Treasury & Procurement, you will contribute to all aspects of procurement, including establishing new procurement policies & processes, support the business with all procurement related steps & partner with all relevant stakeholders to identify sourcing opportunities, engage vendors in pricing & contract negotiations & drive value. As the leader of Accounts Payable, you will focus on managing all accounts payable responsibilities & related procedures to guarantee an efficient business operation. As a member of our finance team, you will be a necessary asset to a growing international finance operation whose footprint touches all aspects of the company, including marketing, creative, engineering & business operations.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop procurement policies & procedures with the Legal team & influence adoption & adherence to policies
- Support & guide business leads through the 7 step procurement process for large purchase orders/requisitions
- Partner with Finance/Accounting/Legal/Business units to identify & execute strategies to improve value & create efficiencies across the procurement function
- Establish KPI metrics to include cost savings & avoidance, policy compliance, purchase order cycle time, & supplier compliance.
- Negotiate competitive pricing & volume discounts for long-term contracts & service-level agreements
- Manage & monitor internal controls over vendor compliance, purchase order/requisitions & disbursements, including compliance with SOX.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities within the Accounts Payable function
- Develop, implement, improve & enforce policies & department controls to increase accuracy & efficiency across payment processes
- Oversee all routine department activities, such as payment cycles & monthly close, to ensure that they are completed accurately & on time
- Help with internal & external reporting requirements
- Build & maintain relationships with employees, clients, vendors, & lenders.
- Ensure accounting treatment is in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Additional support to the Finance team
- Manage Accounts Payable Lead & 2 other indirect reports
- 7+ years of combined procurement, accounting or accounts payable experience coupled with experience managing direct reports
- Ideally, minimum 5+ years of direct procurement experience, combined with 2+ years of accounting or accounts payable experience & managing direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar
- People management experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Kyriba & Coupa PO system a huge plus
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts & US GAAP
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively & develop relationships across the organization
- Strong problem solving, analytical & multitasking capabilities
- Commitment to accuracy, integrity & attention to detail
- Independent thinker who can make decisions & solve ambiguous problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.