Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, & support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, & so much more.
What's the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about the craft of Product Management & who has experience building products for sales teams. The role were looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone who wants to grow in their career towards a leadership role & work with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists & Researchers.
Your job will be to help bring our vision to life & build world class products for sales teams. Youll make strategic decisions & drive our direction, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected, & personal.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will:
- Evolve our strategy for our product for sales team
- Build great products through a clear commercial lens, working cross-functionality across the business
- Report directly to Senior R&D leaders & share commercial & strategic insights
- Youll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Youll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand & prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Youll deeply know the problems that youre tackling through research & regular interaction with customers; define & frame those problems for the team
- Youll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Youll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Youll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative & qualitative measures, both in betas & after full release.
- Youll own & maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Youll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
- Youll collaborate with your team, as well as other Product Managers, to explore problems, share learnings, & influence our overall strategy.
- Youll grow in your career, with dedicated time & support every week to think about how to achieve your goals & get actionable feedback on your work.
What skills do I need?
Ideal candidates have the following:
- 7+ years working as Product Manager.
- Experience building product for sales teams is highly desirable, but not strictly required
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Commercial focus & experience building products through a clear commercial lens
- You can clearly communicate product decisions & the rationale behind them. Youre comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, & quantitative customer data to inform decisions. Youve conducted user research, a/b tests & have worked closely with design researchers & analysts. Youre comfortable using the right approach to navigate ambiguity.
- Youre entrepreneurial; you dont need direction; you're self driven.
- Youre organised, not ad hoc.
- Youre able to easily switch between thinking creatively & analytically.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Employer matched pension contribution
- Company bonus programme
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.