Role: Warehouse Supervisor
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world, & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services, & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
You will ...
- Be responsible for directing & supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures concerning receiving, shipping, storage/distributing goods, & logistics.
- Plan & assign work to subordinates, establishing goals, & holding the team accountable for achieving.
- Develop & adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards & make suggestions regarding procedures, standards, & equipment to facilitate work & maintain product quality.
- Analyze the facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practices.
- Responsible for compilation & maintenance of inspection reports & records.
- Investigate & determine the cause of faulty work & consult & advise other departments as to corrective measures.
- Provide all employees with the necessary tools, proper training, & corrective direction.
- Regularly required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production, to collaborate & solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale, & harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate & adjust personnel problems within the area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, & terminations.
- Respectfully support & follow direction from management & complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies, PIT)
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment, including reporting defective equipment to management
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Utilization of work order system (FMX) to communicate the buildings needs to the facilities team.
- A leader: train & develop a large group of employees, ongoing process improvement
- Performance Manager: for assigned responsibility, hiring, promotions, & performance reviews
- A Problem Solver: professional, confidential
- Results Driven & detail-oriented
- Effective communicator: speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Great time manager: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining productivity
- Technically Capable: Product quality, food safety, computer literacy to input information into the computer
- A continuous learner: able to take direction & relay information to employees
At a minimum, you have...
- PIT Certification or willing & able to become PIT Certified.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- Preferred warehouse experience supervisor
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse
- HS diploma or GED required
- Two-year degree preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- Intermediate computer skills requirement data analysis/creation, Microsoft office, & Google Sheets, Email
- Preferred food safety certifications SQF, BRC, HACCP
- Expected to obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator successfully.
- Comfortable in enclosed spaces (dock trailers).
- Ability to utilize vision, speech, & hearing & stand & walk to use multiple forms of PIT.
- Competitive Salary 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.