Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Graphic Designer to join our Communications team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Graphics Designer, you will be responsible for the design of materials & artifacts that bring our mission to life & push our visual language. Youll be brought into the fold throughout the design processfrom internal brainstorms & requirements gathering to design crits & production support. With the support & guidance from our Head of MarComms, other Designers & our Communications team, you will own & drive your own projects & collaborate with teams to ensure that projects stay on strategy.
We are an inclusive team with a culture that thrives on feedback, experimentation & grit.
This role will report into the Manager of Consumer Communications.
- Serve as the lead designer for executive communications, leading the design & production of digital artifacts & materials.
- Pull together elements that bring ideas & presentations to life: helping to prepare materials, presentations, layouts, & content.
- See ideas through from conception to final production.
- Clearly translate data into imagery for executive presentations & annual reports.
- 1-2 Years of experience in-house or at recognized design studios.
- Strong design portfolio showing a clean, modern aesthetic & a passion for visual narratives.
- Unique examples in storytelling, illustration, or interactive.
- Demonstrated ability in data visualization.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Framer, & other design tools inside & out.
- Experience producing digital deliverables.
- Convey ideas, concepts, & thinking with clarity.
- Listen actively & be an effective communicator, in writing & in person.
- Be open & unafraid to have your opinion changed.
- Actively inspire & contribute to our design culture with what excites you.
- Ability to work collaboratively & independently with equal strength.
- Strong writing skills.
- Artistic pursuits in any medium.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.