Key ingredients –
• Directs, Coordinates & manages all aspects of daily order fulfillment operation in food safety, quality control & process as well as parts of tote movement & mail-slot put away & resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
• Drive productivity completion rates & actions to successful conclusion on a daily basi
• Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
• Resolve employee grievances & concerns & will partner with HR on high level investigations.
• Identify, interview & train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions & execute matrixes & standards of continued excellence.
• Ensure follow through & compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance & FD’s policies.
• Guide, Direct & Motivate staff around performance management & labor planning.
• Working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes & documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
• Oversee usage & handling of all equipment & machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PM’s & report all issues immediately.
• Support & participate various company projects, initiatives & programs as needed.
• Manage 2-3 Team Leads.
• Oversee approx. 20-25 employees.
• Manage all aspects of daily operations in order fulfillment process
• Constant & consistent process improvement.
• Ownership of quality control, productivity, workflow, process improvements & drives actions to successful completion.
• Review performance data, goal achievement & guide appropriate actions & projects.
• Monitor & drive KPI’s
• Performs all duties in accordance with personnel & company policies, safety policies & procedures, HACCP, GMP & SSOP’s.
• Maintain clean, safe & organized work environment.
Add dash of –
• High School diploma/ & or equivalent & demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience & education
• 4 plus years of food production in a supervisory position required
• Previous high-volume culinary production, manufacturing or catering a must
• English Required Bilingual preferred in English & Spanish.
• NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent
• Strong Quality Control & Process Skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, & Word.
• Knowledge of production & plant warehouse systems software & ability to learn tasks related both.
• Effective time management & prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to lead, train & develop a team.
• Effective communication skills both written & oral with staff, peers & senior management.
• Ability delegate/execute precise instructions & follow-up with cross-departmental communications.
• Knowledge of food quality standards.
• Knowledge of department production processes, material movement & plant operations.
• Principles & procedures of interviewing, selection & training techniques.
• Active Learning, Listening Skills & Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for problems that arise.
• Ability to manage, motivate & lead during periods of change & disruption.
• Ability to counsel & discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere.
• Food production, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge & HACCP a plus.
• USDA food manufacturing experience a plus.
• Able to work a flexible schedule/ Cover various shifts.
• Work in a cold environment.
• Able to lift up to 50lbs.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company & the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City & Philadelphia metropolitan areas, & the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce, & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, & farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, & essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, & works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
• Flexible & generous PTO plan
• 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
• Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, & other happy hours
• Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, & Zumba, & monthly manicures & massages
• Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese & Wine”
• We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back & forth to the subway
• We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
• Summer barbecues & annual company picnic for friends & family
Click to explore careers & life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job