THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion & are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is seeking a digitally-savvy, editorially/brand-minded Production Manager. Housed under the Brand Team & reporting to the Director of Creative Operations, the Production Manager will run key, time-sensitive processes surrounding core print & digital content, serve as a liaison between departments (Editorial, Test Kitchen, Photo, Retouching, Design, Operations, Purchasing, Regulatory), & maintain cross-functional systems using the Adobe Creative Suite, K4, project management tools, & internal software.
Every week, Blue Aprons Culinary & Brand teams are responsible for producing 19 beautiful, functional, & informative core recipe cards, along with thousands of words of associated print & digital content. The team also creates cards for Blue Aprons meal prep options every other week. Core elements of each content piece remain in flux right up untiland beyondprint & publication depending on sourcing & procurement. Our team is structured to respond in real time, & the primary responsibility of this role is to spearhead that response.
This role will manage & complete in-house production work & may also support the development, creation, production & quality control of marketing & internal customer facing materials, as well as support all activities of the Creative Operations team in the production of any & all internal & external marketing projects.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who can both work independently & lead a team of peers; a highly-organized, highly-prepared problem solver who remains cool under pressure; & a big-picture thinker who can redesign entire systems while executing on the gritty details.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Reporting to the Director of Creative Operations, he/she will partner with the Editorial & Brand teams to manage the content production process from start to finishincluding trafficking art & proofs of weekly printed recipe cards, monthly wine pamphlet & additional in-box printed content.
- Keep templates & files up-to-date
- Entails pre-flighting digital files using Mac operating systems
- Coordinate with other departments to track changes to layouts, copy, photos, etc.
- Be in constant contact with editors & recipe writers to ensure all recipe cards are accurate before sending to the photo studio & be proactive to mitigate issues before they arise.
- Quickly troubleshoot & solve digital file issues & make adjustments
- Deliver art to prepress vendor & track throughout the production process from original FPO to prepress approval
- Enforce brand quality & guidelines from all vendors
- Work at a fast pace to meet tight deadlines (or same day turnarounds) while maintaining a high level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong professional communication & collaboration skills including the ability to navigate a variety of work styles, processes & feedback loops while working with internal teams & external vendors
- Liaise with printers & deliver final files on time every week, as well as deliver any extra in-box or marketing materials in the timeline established with internal & external parties
- Bachelors degree
- 5-7 years of print production experience
- Knowledge of print production & manufacturing is absolutely necessary
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop & InDesign), Google Suite, & task management programs
- Knowledge of CMS, K4 and/or Woodwing a major plus
- Detailed oriented (Able to interpret & catch mistakes within a file)
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously & prioritize your workload
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback, & execute accordingly
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced environment & culture
- Management experience required
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.