This job posting is for a role in our Tribeca office in downtown Manhattan.
BlockFi is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team in an exciting time when our brand is focused on elevating our presence within the fintech industry.This Designer will play a critical role in the successful rebrand of BlockFis site & product suite. We are building a design-centric workflow, & are focused on creating an innovative & beautiful digital presence.Were searching for a candidate who can help define the features & user interactions within the BlockFi product suite. They will develop & document user behavior through qualitative research & user testing, in order to inform & evaluate new features & experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience in interaction design, UX & UI research, prototyping, & user testing.This role will collaborate directly with the Creative Director & cross-departmentally to achieve design solutions that align with BlockFi's broader brand narrative.
- Establish & build out UX research systems, & become a resource for all teams within the company.
Seek to understand BlockFi user behavior & motivation at a fundamental level, through user interviews, ethnographic research, etc., & through the development of journey maps, user personas, & other artifacts.
Evolve BlockFis existing user-experience testing infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, & in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, & easy to analyze & report on.
Conduct qualitative & quantitative research using a range of tools & approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product & UX questions & produce new insights.
Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, & finished products & features.
Document & track learnings gathered through testing & research so insights can easily be referenced & applied for future projects.
Compile & present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear & actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Design UX & build information architecture for new features, based off of brand strategy, product strategy & company roadmap.
- Think in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, & the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, & prototypes.
- Produce clear design solutions targeted to a variety of roles & personality types.
- Depending on the candidate, this role can be expanded to encompass additional responsibilities including visual design research & messaging development.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ Years of Software User Experience, UX Research & Testing, and/or Information Architecture experience; agency & design studio experience preferred.
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes & other standard UX design artifacts.
- Ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems & to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Understanding of interaction design fundamentals & UI design best practices (for collaboration with the UI designer.)
- Understanding of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, & web development & the design & interaction trends within each environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite [especially Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign], Sketch.
Advanced skill set with prototyping tools, presentation production [Keynote, Powerpoint, Slides], 2D & 3D motion, & video editing.
- Experience distilling information from diverse interviews & reporting in a concise & actionable way.
- Experience writing & conducting user interviews.
- Experience with UX testing specifically for user accessibility & international markets.
- Possesses a genuine curiosity of design, communication & technology trends, & keeps up with competitive developments within these industries.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment & turn around superior work in extremely limited timelines.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, storytelling, & teamwork skills.
- Ability to apply narrative & design concepts from industries outside of fintech.
- A rational thinker with the ability to question & negotiate instructions when needed.
- Willingness to identify inefficiencies with current state processes & offer up solutions to improve them.
- Comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing & rapid iteration.
- Based in the New York City area or willing to relocate.
Please include a portfolio of relevant work with your application. Your portfolio should illustrate your design processes, & showcase your role within each project.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee