Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role:
The Mid-Market Sales Manager is a critical member of the Gusto Sales leadership team, driving our revenue growth & leading a strategic route-to-market. The Mid-Market Sales Manager will be based in Denver, CO (or travel there frequently) & will report to the Head of MM Sales.
The Mid-Market Sales Manager will create & implement a plan to achieve revenue results & will collaborate with leaders across Gusto, including Marketing, CX, Product, Engineering, & Finance to vocalize needs of our prospective customers & empower success for our Sales teams. The MM Manager will spearhead & role model behaviors that enable leading practices in the discipline, in service to Gustos strategy. This includes repeatable sales methodology, right-sized technology & tools, forward-thinking organizational design, compliance with industry regulation, compensation & sales targets, recruiting & hiring world class talent, & rewards & recognition to motivate sellers.
Heres What Youll Do Day-to Day:
- Foster a high performance culture that is well balanced with enhancing customer love that will continue to drive our net promoter score & high customer referral rate.
- Identify, recruit & onboard 4+ Sales Reps in your first year.
- Implement leadership development programs to engage existing sales managers & team leaders
- Builds a team, workplace, & culture centered on diverse representation, inclusion, social impact, & equity for all.
- Work with technology & data teams to improve the systems we use to drive rep productivity & accountability.
- Work with our marketers & data analysts to harness the power of data to drive & adapt go-to-market strategies & tactics that drive predictable & profitable growth.
Heres What Were Looking For:
- 5+ years of success in sales roles with experience in inside & channel sales in a multi-city environment.
- Ability to hire & train sales teams with a rolodex of A-players from various disciplines.
- Payroll, HR & Benefits experience is NOT required, but experience with faster sales cycle (1-4 months) is.
- Strong systems thinker who leads teams with a combination of situational leadership & process discipline.
- Experience with scaling high growth organizations, leading through change while inspiring teams to join you on the journey.
- Proven track record of success in revenue goal achievement.
Characteristics for Success:
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work collaboratively to plan & accomplish goals.
- Can manage & prioritize projects with deadlines while thriving in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Know how to build systems, not just run them.
- Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder & when to look for alternative approaches.
- Intellectual curiosity & comfort making decisions when faced with uncertainty.
- However strong your sales team is, you are motivated to make it better.
- High Sales IQ: this leader will work collaboratively with sales managers as well as the product & marketing teams to help define, craft & refine our go to market positioning & strategy. We are looking for a strong people leader who can operate strategically at an executive level but can also roll up their sleeves & dig into the details to lead alongside his/her DRs.
- Open door policy: listens to Gustie concerns, problems, successes & observations about market conditions; supportive resource to both managers & sellers.
- Must instinctively know how to rally the troops around a common mission & create intense team unity, with the ability to inspire reps to charge the revenue hill month after month.
- The ideal candidate has undeniable drive, motivation & loyalty & can ignite those attributes in others.
- Cross functional sales guru that can foster good communication & teamwork among the various organizational functions.
Small & Medium Business SaaS business acumen.
- Track record of sound business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, & strong communication skills
- Cares about everything from customer acquisition cost (CAC) & average contract value (ACV) to website conversion, NPS score, customer feedback, churn, & efficacy of internal processes.
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial & personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gustos compensation philosophy & benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $130,000OTE - $160,000 OTE in Denver & most remote locationsFinal offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.