BizTech GTM Architect
Gusto is looking for a Technical Leader to drive the long term vision & execution for all of our Sales & Business Infrastructure to ensure that all of Gustos internal customers have consistent high quality interactions.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As part of our Business Technology team, your core responsibility is to architect & build world class Go-To-Market capabilities using Salesforce & other integrated platforms like our Product, Contact Center Software, Workforce Management etc. Our mission is to help our business set the right goals & achieve them!
Gusto is growing our Business Technology team & looking for a dynamic, visionary Business Technology Architect! The BizTech Team is a trusted partner to the business, enabling & developing effective systems & tools.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with business analysts to understand requirements & work with developers to design scalable End to End solutions in alignment with business technology strategy & architecture.
- Build relationships & partner closely with stakeholders across Business, IT, BI, Engineering etc. to drive cross functional projects. Communicate plans, status, blockers, risk, trade-offs etc to relevant parties.
- Architect & govern end-to-end integrations between our Product & Go-To-Market applications.
- Provide best practice recommendations for Salesforce & Go-To-Market applications. Maximize ROI for GTM apps & make decisions on OOB vs custom build solutions.
- Keep up to date on industry trends & recommend solutions beyond Salesforce to meet business needs.
- Improve quality & completeness of technical documentation. Create charts & diagrams for visual representations of systems, data flows etc.
- Be hands-on in the technical operations (development, code reviews, managing deployments to production etc.). Builders mentality.
- Be the Escalation Point for technical issues.
- Be a key stakeholder for the change management & development process.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of Enterprise Business Technology Architecture experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud required. Experience with Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua or similar marketing solutions is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience building custom solutions on Salesforce.
- 4+ years of experience integrating business applications using platforms like Mulesoft, Snaplogic, Workato etc & APIs.
- Experience mentoring developers & administrators.
- Deep knowledge & experience with Salesforce's suite of products across all SDLC phases.
- Proficiency with Force.com preferred
- Platform skills like Apex, Lightning (LWC, Aura), Visualforce, SOQL/SOSL, Unit Testing etc.
- Thorough understanding of SaaS data models, design considerations & connected web services.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce DX, source-driven development using Git/Github or similar version control system, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery as part of DevOps process. Environment & Release management.
- Salesforce Platform Developer (I & II), Salesforce Technical Architect or Salesforce Applications Architect & Salesforce Systems Architect certifications preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Passionate about helping small business owners & converting pain points into solutions.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.