Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A Key Business Partner providing consultative, advisory services to a set of senior clients & their respective teams. Driving HR strategy, priorities & programs enabling leaders to attain their business objectives.
This individual will act as a thought partner to the leaders leading each of these critical areas. They will have a business focus mindset & help translate those issues to human resources capabilities. This individual will also be a member of the North America Regional HRBP team & work closely with their internal global counterparts for successful planning & delivery of HR programs & services to the business. The Director will operate as a trusted advisor & business partner to functional leaders on all people & organizational issues.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate & grow. This role is in Foster City, CA.
- Responsible for the provision of HR expertise to business functions & regions in all aspects HR
- Ensure that HR policy & advice to client groups is in accordance with employment law, Visa strategy & best practice
- Advise, support & train managers on addressing & dealing with employee related issues
- Advise clients with the development of the most appropriate organizational structures & bring about effective organizational & cultural change
- Work with clients to build high performing teams (real, virtual, matrix, cross-functional etc.)
- Responsible for elevating employee engagement across all HR competencies
- Strong collaboration skills within & outside of HR
- Willing to work both strategically & tactically
- Work with clients to create & manage a workforce strategy & support execution
- Participate in the selection process as appropriate
- Maintain all the above in line with HR reward policies. Advise Reward staff on issues regarding policy & assist as necessary to improve their service (e.g. market data provision)
- Assist with the implementation of Talent Management policy including:
- Implementation of key programs in client areas;
- Talent management initiatives including supporting global mobility initiatives; employee & leadership assessment & development.
- Assist in the implementation of reward policy including pay review, benchmarking; & performance related pay & reward.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Solid HR business partner or HR generalist experience
- Experience inprogressively responsible experience in Human Resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition
- Successful business partner leadership experience at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Experience working in complex organizations (matrix, cross cultural, cross geographical)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & complex environments
- Sets high standards of client service & works closely to establish credibility with clients
- Shapes interventions so that internal clients understand what will be delivered & when, & the process to achieve the target outcomes
- Ability to balance employer & employee advocacy
- Strong project management skills; Manages demanding goals with a project/consulting mindset & to a high standard
- Good numerical & analytical skills; strong Excel skills a plus
- Solid communication & relationship building skills; Connects with people & flexes style accordingly
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.